Monday, May 05, 2014

Unexpected celebrity dance sequences

Say what you like about Tom Cruise and his off the wall couch jumping Scientology stuff, seeing him dancing as the megalomaniac producer Les Grossman in Tropic Thunder made me fall in love with him all over again. And I loved his performance. Then this evening my husband and I were discussing Tom Yorke (my husband is an enormous Radiohead fan) and he showed me a Youtube clip of Yorke dancing. Which prompted this post of clips of celebrities dancing in kind of unexpected contexts. Yorke was actually dancing in his music video but it's so beautifully quirky I thought I'd include it. Watching these performances kind of inspires you to want to forget what other people think and just be yourself more.  If you can think of any more clips of this kind please leave details in the comments and I'll include them. Thanks

(Warning: Some of the lyrics are explicit)





Tom Cruise in the closing credits of 'Tropic Thunder' - dancing to Get Back by Ludacris




Tom cruise (again) in 'Tropic Thunder' dancing to Low by Flo Rida


John Malkovich in 'Being John Malkovich' doing the 'Dance of Despair and Disillusionment'


Christopher Walken in Fat Boy Slim's video 'Weapon of Choice'





Tom Yorke in Radiohead video Lotus Flower

No comments: