Monday, November 17, 2008

Baby P


I am so stinking steaming mad. I know I shouldn't read about it because it just upsets me, but the case of the 17 month old baby P that was murdered by his mother, her boyfriend, and lodger gets me so angry and emotional that I just had to vent on here.

Why the FUCK did social services not take that child into care. 60 yes SIXTY visits to his residence amid concerns about child cruelty, and they still thought it was a good idea to leave him in the care of that fucking woman. I am not a violent person by nature , but people like this, well, put it this way, it would not be a good idea for me to encounter them on the street.

This little boy was systematically abused and tortured and eventually died having suffered more than 50 injuries including a broken spine and 8 cracked ribs. What kind of person does such a thing to a little child that is incapable of defending himself? What kind of mother participates in and allows such a thing to happen to her child?

People are calling for the head of Haringey social services to be sacked. Sacked? Really? I think everyone involved in this case that failed to act should be prosecuted for negligence leading to his death. As for those directly responsible? Well, lets just say it makes me rethink my feelings on the death penalty. Yes, that's how strongly I feel about this.

More about this case here.

Picture c/o The Telegraph

No comments: