Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Design your clothes online

This is pretty cool and I am tempted to give it a try. Basically it's a site called StyleShake that allows you to design your clothes online, taking you through a step by step template of choices. I believe once you've gone through all the steps, provided your measurements, oh yes, and your credit card details, you hit the 'send' button and your garment is made and sent to you in ten days.

It promises dress from £99, Tops from £59, and skirts from £59. Not cheap, but then you are having something made to your measurements and that is your own unique design, albeit within a framework of given choices. I'm also not in a position to vouch for the quality of craftsmanship. I'd be interested to hear back from anyone that has used this service before.

And even if you don't want to fork out the cash, having a play with designing clothes online like this is kinda fun.

Check it out here: StyleShake

Update: I've taken a closer look and I think this is good if you want one or two simple and clean-cut standards for your wardrobe. Like, say, a little black dress, but one that happens to fit your not-so-little hips for a change. Or a white cotton shirt that fits your boobs and doesn't billow at the waist. And for this, I personally would be willing to pay because I know I'm going to get a lot of wear out of these items. But if you want something really creative and or like patterns and stuff, then this site falls short.

Thanks to the lovely Elizabeth for the tip

No comments: