Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Randomness

For once I'm at a loss as to what to write about. There is nothing in the land of celebdom that inspires me to vent any spleen. Likewise those bunch of eejits that tried unsuccessfully to cause havoc in London with their poorly made car bombs have not deterred me from going about my usual business - and even that feels too badly executed and boring to write about either (the poorly made car bombs that is). In fact, I blame the weather. It's been raining for so long now I think my mental and creative neurons are suffering from damp.

On a sad note, I bought a copy of the latest Harry Potter PC game - 'Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.' I haven't yet had the courage to unwrap it, but I'm seriously contemplating it. I hated the user interface of the last one and I'm hoping this one is going to be better, i.e. eejit-proof easy for a very occasional game dabbler like myself.

And in bump news: I had my 16 week checkup yesterday, and all is well. The little person is growing as it should and the heartbeat sounded nice and strong. On Sunday morning I woke up and my stomach was lopsided as though the baby was lying all on one side of it - weird.

The two-loaves of bread thing is also starting to resemble more of a consolidated bump now, so I'm finally starting to look pregnant as opposed to just porcine.

Strange thing about that - I've noticed strangers being quite polite around me, and then remember it must be because of my big gut. A couple of times now I've been waiting to cross a busy street (not at the lights or a zebra crossing), and cars have actually stopped for me. This never happened before, and I think I could get used to it.

No comments: