Thursday, May 31, 2007

The big move

Things are going to a bit quiet on here, possibly until Monday, because we are moving house today and tomorrow! Yep exciting times.

I keep losing the packing tape and scissors, but aside from that, it's going pretty well. Roberto has also taken these two days off, and I have Andzelika in helping - so it's a three-pronged attack.

I didn't realise just how many cosmetics I had until now. I think a clear-out is in order asap. Same goes for some very dodgy outfits I have in my wardrobe. I have my sisters coming to visit me next week and I'll give them first dibs on all my crap (because that's what we do with each others cast-offs) and then it's off to the charity shops.

A big thanks to those of you (yes, people actually offered - amazingly enough!) who called and emailed offering assistance. I think we have this in the bag, thanks also to the fact that earlier this year we put a lot of stuff into storage. So I'm feeling pretty relaxed about it and fingers crossed nothing gets broken or damaged when the big hefty removals guys arrive here tomorrow.

So excited about our new house - because, well, it's a house and it has outdoor space. Being a South African girl at heart, we aren't happy unless we can eat somethings decomposing flesh while incurring a degree of sun damage. We've even ordered one of those bench swings for the garden.

Right, and now I have to get back to it.

If you are desperate for some really bitchy, primarily UK-based gossip in my absence, check out Holymoly. They're generally a bit acerbic for my taste, but they do keep you up to speed.

Then there's the ever-excellent D-listed for all things celeb.

OK - laters... .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the move Lucille and much happiness in your new home. Where are you moving to?
Ans
x