Monday, March 19, 2007

Soya milk and flossing

Since having my colonic on Friday, I've stopped drinking and eating anything with dairy in it, and ditto wheat. Not severe celiac's disease wheat avoidance, but general obvious stuff like bread, pasta, cakes, biscuits etc. Basically all the yummy stuff.

The dairy thing has been easier because I'm not a big dairy eater to begin with. I also don't drink coffee and rarely drink tea. I've had to give up my Starbucks hot chocolates though, but now with the weather getting warmer that's a bit easier too. The one time I do have milk is with muesli in the morning, which I've now swapped with soya milk, which isn't actually as bad as I thought it would be.

I stopped drinking alcohol from Sunday - and that's for the next 20 days at Linzi's instruction, so we can get rid of the parasites in my gut. Pleasant stuff.

I bought some chocolate today, specifically carob made of soya instead of dairy milk, and it tastes like crap. So I've decided to just avoid chocolate substitutes all together - I mean, it aint going to compare with the real thing now is it?

Hopefully all these sacrifices will show up in the form of weight loss too. If they don't I'm going to be pissed, albeit parasite free.

I saw my dentist this morning who noted my name change and asked me when I had got married. Turns out his wife and him got married in the same month last year. He asked me if I had any problems with my teeth, and I told him it was just a general check-up MOT sort of thing ahead of (hopefully) getting pregnant. He said, "Seems like our lives are running parallel at the moment, my wife and I are trying too. Sorry, that's probably too much information (laughs)."

He told me that a lot of the dental treatments these days are in fact safe during pregnancy, though they avoid doing things like X-Rays. I think it goes without saying it's always worth letting your dentist know if you are or think you may be pregnant, just in case.

The good news is that my teeth are all in fighting fit condition, but I do need to floss more. When he told me this I had a painful reflexive memory of my visits with Ingalena, and made a solemn promise to floss more. Anything, anything to avoid seeing her again.

No comments: