Friday, March 30, 2007

Rosie and Elisabeth at it again


Clearly Rosie O'Donnell is a smart woman, no one (ok aside from maybe her nemesis Donald Trump) is disputing that. She asks questions and she thinks for herself. However I wouldn't want to be in any sort of discussion with her, or god forbid argument. I don't think she listens and she's certainly an intellectual bully. I think Rosie, much like any intellectual bully, has a big chip on her shoulder and feels she has to prove to everyone just how smart she is by ramming her opinion down their throats.

A friend of ours who is incredibly intelligent, in fact, one of the smartest people we know, is very fond of saying to me: "Yes Lucille, that's an interesting point, however I've also heard that..." and then gets his point across. Even if I am way, and I mean way, out of my depth when speaking to him, he never climbs on his high horse (which would be easy for him because he also happens to be very tall!), and makes me feel like an idiot. Rather than being condescending, he's happy to share his knowledge in a way that makes me feel enriched rather than embarassed.

The funny thing is, watching this clip, I agree with most of what Rosie says, but it makes me cringe to see how she shouts and talks over other people constantly. If you want people to listen to what you have to say, you may try listening to others first Rosie!

If you can't see the clip click here.

No comments: