Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Photos from our desert safari in Dubai

We're back in London. I wrote a long post this evening, but I'm so knackered (it's four hours ahead in Dubai), that reading it back it made no sense. So until tomorrow, when hopefully all brain cells will be firing instead of just half, here are some photos from Dubai.

The incredible belly dancer


Dune bashing (not for the faint hearted)


Sunset in the desert


I finally get to have my camel ride. Poor Robert had a headache
(read more tomorrow about dune bashing to identify the cause).


While Robert chatted to one of our dinner companions, I got into the
swing of the evening and tried on the local dress ...


then I went over to where we were sitting and stood at the table
until he looked up at me from his conversation.

The dialogue went something like this:
Robert: (Looking at me in a somewhat odd manner) Um, hello ...?

Me: Hello
Robert: (Looking increasingly uncomfortable) Um, yes ...?"
Me: Hey honey - what do you think?
Robert: Jesus Christ, it's you Lucille! I had no idea.
Me: Yes it is, and leave Jesus out of it.

This second picture is a bit odd. I guess it's the cultural strangeness of what appears to be a very western-looking man embracing a somewhat uncertain-looking Muslim woman. I don't know why I look like that - I was quite happy actually. Maybe it's the fact that my face is hidden and you can't see my expression.

More tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! Thanks for sharing!! Which camera was used? Ans

letters from london said...

Hi Ans, thanks very much.

I used a Canon Digital Ixus 900 Ti. I've also got a huge memory card in it, which means once my camera's charged I can spend an entire day taking photos and making small movies without worrying about it. It's a great little camera - and the quality is good.