Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Big Bollocks

This year's Wannabe Celebrity Big Brother has got a staggering 2000 complaints from viewers via Ofcom. The reason? Bullying and racism - with none other than Jade Goody at the forefront. Why doesn't it surprise me that if someone was going to be a bully it would be her? Continue reading here.

Apparently Jade's mother, Jackiey, (also in on the act before her eviction) referred to actress Shilpa Shetty (who is the alleged victim of the abuse) as 'The Indian,' and refused to even try and pronounce her name. The latter could be perceived as an example of racial intolerance, were it not so clearly one of extreme stupidity. Honestly, how hard is it to pronounce Shilpa Shetty? Isn't it great that we elevate such enlightened people into the public eye, and let them spread their wisdom to the masses?

What does surprise me is that 2000 people actually watch this crap. I mean, aside from Jade and her family, I have no idea who any of the people in there are. Were they being ironic when they called it Celebrity Big Brother?

Check out the official BB website here - stimulating, stimulating stuff, I warn you.

Update:
I just checked out the BB website, and I also know Dirk Benedict.

No comments: