Thursday, November 02, 2006

Winter and other stuff

Ah winter is here. I love winter, when I'm sitting in front of a fireplace with a glass of red wine, or watching Poirot reruns under a blanket that is. But not when I have to get at tube home in the evening from Hammersmith station, which is full of people who are equally tired, freezing, and wanting to get home to their tea. My god, how cold was it today?

I have the worst circulation and am always cold, and this has been worse since I've neglected to get myself back to the gym since returning from honeymoon. I'm told exercise really helps improve poor circulation - and I think fear of freezing to death will most likely drive me back to the treadmill before vanity does.

My skin, usually dry even in moist summers, turns to papyrus in this weather, and I came home, had a bath, and put on a Dermalogica Multivitamin Power Recovery Masque. It's supposed to 'dramatically reduce the inflammation and redness associated with stressed, prematurely-aging skin.' As with all these things, I don't know if it really works, but the act of putting it on made me feel better at any rate.

Historically my weight-watching posts are not a big hit, so I'll say only this: If, like Nicole Ritchie, you want to beef up, make sure you do the following, preferably in large quantities:
1. Drink Alcohol
2. Throw caution to the wind with your carbohydrate intake (bread, pasta, potatoes preferable)
3. Don't exercise

Works a treat - especially if you want the waistband on your previously baggy jeans to become tight.

In the land of celebrity:

No comments: