Thursday, November 09, 2006

Trapped nerve

Apologies for the lack of posts in the last two days. I went to the doctor this morning and found out the incapacitating shooting pains in the left side of my head, and soreness on the left side of my neck that I've had for a day and a half now, are due to a trapped nerve most likely having coincided with a migraine. It is not, as I feared, a brain tumour. I think everything is a brain tumour - so this is good news.

The bad news is that I'm in a lot of pain, and sitting up at a computer for longer than 5 minute stretches is, well, painful. So I'm going back to the sofa to lie very still and watch Melrose Place reruns, that I have actually taped. Sad I know - but when I'm sick I like to regress to the creature comforts of the 1990's for reassurance.

More letters from London soon (I hope).

No comments: