Friday, October 06, 2006

The world's smallest bikini

So this is supposed to be the world's smallest 'legal' bikini. I guess by legal they mean the least amount of material you can use to cover your body in public without being arrested. This is probably discounting large parts of America which would like to make pretty much everything illegal except chewing tobacco, marrying your cousin, or keeping large loaded guns in the house. See more (or is it less?) of this teeny bikini here.


And it's good to see Roy of Siegfried and Roy up and about again, after being mauled by one of the tigers in their show.

Magicians of the Century Siegfried & Roy were honored by the Las Vegas Walk of Stars at 2 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 3, 2006 for their unparalleled entertainment career and their role in revolutionizing Las Vegas entertainment. The ceremony was held in front of the Siegfried & Roy statue at The Mirage, Siegfried & Roy’s entertainment home for more than 13 years.

Following the ceremony, Siegfried & Roy celebrated Roy’s 62nd birthday with cake in the Secret Garden of Siegfried & Roy at The Mirage. Source

In my own tigerless, severely less hot-looking in a bikini world, I had groceries delivered via Ocado today. Yes, I lead a thrilling existence. I got tired of lugging back bottles of Viakel, Flash, and olives from Waitrose, as the Tesco Metro over the road doesn't deign it necessary to stock such inessensuals. So I went online and ordered two of everything - which means I don't have to order again in a hurry, and, should the need present itself, we can last through an arctic winter without having to leave the (very clean) house.

What they don't tell you about all this fun and easy ordering business, is that you then have to find space for everything, which in turn meant I had to tidy out and rearrange my kitchen cupboards. My sister Chantell was like, "Oh, what fun - rearranging kitchen cupboards!" and the worrying thing is, she was being serious. Anyway, fun or no fun (no fun actually) upon closer inspection we had loads of stuff that was out of date. Those sell by dates have a way of creeping up on you - especially ones on things like spices, baking ingredients, and bottles of peanut butter.

The good thing about all this enforced labour, was that I got rid of all the old stuff, and made space for the new. The result is a kitchen which is now ship-shape, and I don't get to give my parents-in-law (who are coming over for dinner tonight) food poisoning. Which is nice.

Photo c/o drunkenstepfather.com

No comments: