Sunday, October 29, 2006

The Bubble Project

I used to smoke krak on the 6 train

I can just picture it. The lovely Blair sitting at the bar in the little cafe she took me to in Amsterdam. Drinking a coffee, smoking a Marlboro Light, scarf wound round her neck a dozen times, reading the online papers on her Mac. It's autumn, the air is crisp, the sky is impossibly blue, and the afternoon sun is hazy - much like it is here in London today. Breathtakingly beautiful.

And then she sends me a link to an awesome new project this ex Saatchi (NY) guy is doing. Going around the streets of New York and placing blank speech bubbles on posters, ads, signs etc and letting people fill them in with whatever the hell they want to. Sort of anti-advertising/anti-media guerrilla warfare. I love the idea.

Check it out here.

Thank you, as always, to the incomparable Blair for providing inspiration and ensuring my blog retains a bit of soul.

No comments: