Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Snow Cake

Everyone's talking about the new Alan Rickman/Sigourney Weaver movie, 'Snowcake', and for good reason. I was fortunate enough to go and see a screening of it last year, and even then in it's slightly unfinished state, I thought it was great. My sister Mags edited it, so you'd think I'm being biased, which is likely (I genuinely do love her work), but fortunately it seems most of the critics share my opinion. The film was incredibly well received when it first screened at the Berlin Film Festival, and since being publically released the good reviews just keep pouring in.

Despite a plot outline that looks depressing on paper: "A drama focused on the friendship between a high-functioning autistic woman (Weaver) and a man (Rickman) who is traumatized after a fatal car accident. (imdb.com)," this is a beautifully uplifting film and definitely worth seeing.

Official site

Picture c/o channel4.com

2 comments:

magazeen said...

Thanks darlin'.

Ugly Pig said...

I have to say, it was beautiful !